Monday, January 18, 2010

Detroit


     Detroit
    

    This happened on a flight getting ready to depart for Detroit from
    Dallas.

    Jack was sitting on the plane when a guy took the seat beside him.
    The guy was an
    emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking, moaning in fear. 
    
    "What's the matter?" Jack asked.

    "I've been transferred to  Detroit, there's crazy people there.
    They've got lots of shootings,

    gangs, race riots, drugs, poor public schools, and the highest crime
    rate in the nation."


    Jack replied, "I've lived in Detroit all my life. It's not as bad as
    the media says. Find

    a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, enroll your kids in
    a nice private school. 

    It's as safe a place as anywhere in the world."


    The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, "Oh, thank you. I've
    been worried to death.
    But if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it.
    What do you do for a living?"

    "I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck." 

    


No comments:

Post a Comment